What is a regular dentist called?
A general dentist is your primary care dental provider.
All practicing general dentists have earned either a DDS or DMD degree (doctor of dental surgery or doctor of dental medicine, respectively).
What are the 9 dental specialties?
- Dental Public Health.
- Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery.
- Oral Medicine and Pathology.
- Oral and Maxillofacial Radiology.
- Orthodontics and Dentofacial Orthopedics.
- Pediatric Dentistry.
What are the different type of dentist?
In general, there are seven types of dentists:
- General Dentist.
- Pedodontist or Pediatric Dentist.
- Oral Pathologist or Oral Surgeon.
Can a general dentist do bonding?
General dentists can diagnose and treat the causes of tooth pain or periodontal (gum) disease. They may also offer treatments for missing teeth, place crowns or bridgework, and help you get fitted with dentures. These include teeth whitening, cosmetic bonding—even porcelain veneers.