- Dental Public Health.
- Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery.
- Oral Medicine and Pathology.
- Oral and Maxillofacial Radiology.
- Orthodontics and Dentofacial Orthopedics.
- Pediatric Dentistry.
What are the different specialties in dentistry?
Here are six types of dental specialists you may see during a lifetime of oral care:
- Endodontist: Root canal specialist.
- Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeon: Oral surgery specialist.
- Orthodontist: Alignment specialist.
- Pediatric Dentist: Kid dental specialist.
- Periodontist: Gum specialist.
- Prosthodontist: Replacement specialist.
Which is the best Speciality in dentistry?
3 Highest Paying Dental Specialties to Pursue
- ORTHODONTIST. With the radical transformation in the way orthodontics are applied to patients these days, this is another specialty that keeps you at the center of innovation.
- ENDODONTIST. As an endodontist, you’ll be at the forefront of preventative dental care.
- ORAL SURGEON.
What is the highest paying dental specialty?
periodontists, and pediatric dentists), oral surgeons are consistently the highest earning dental specialists while periodontists are the lowest earning dental specialists. busyness levels while oral surgeons have the highest self-reported busyness levels.
What does an oral surgeon specialize in?
An oral surgeon is a dental specialist that’s trained to perform surgical procedures on the mouth, teeth, jaws, and face. While dentists can perform minor oral surgeries, they’re not oral surgeons or oral and maxillofacial surgeons (OMS), which is the full name of these specialists.