Try these simple home remedies for achy gums:
- Rinse your mouth with warm salt water.
- Use only toothbrushes with soft or extra-soft bristles.
- Use over-the-counter (OTC) painkillers, such as acetaminophen (Tylenol), as directed.
15 Mar 2019
How do you calm tooth nerve pain?
Are There Home Remedies for Toothaches?
- People may use over-the-counter pain medications such as acetaminophen (Tylenol) Aleve or ibuprofen (Advil).
- Avoid very cold or hot foods because these may make the pain worse.
- A home remedy for pain relief is to bite on a cotton ball soaked in oil of cloves.
How can I get rid of gum pain at home?
What works for gum pain?
- Saltwater rinse. Warm 1 cup of water on the stove (not to boiling — just warm) and pour into a cool glass.
- Compress. Try either a hot or cold compress to help reduce pain.
- Herbal poultice.
- Homemade dental spray.
- Oral anesthetic gels.
- Over-the-counter pain killers.
1 Dec 2017
How do you treat sensitive gums?
What are the treatments for sensitive gums?
- Improve your dental hygiene.
- Use antiseptic mouthwash.
- Get enough vitamin C. Increase your intake of fruits and vegetables or take a multivitamin.
- Drink more water.
- Quit smoking.
- Practice stress management.
- Use over-the-counter medications.
19 Jun 2018
Can a tooth nerve heal itself?
If a bacterial infection in a tooth is not treated quickly enough and reaches the nerve or pulp of a tooth, the tooth can die. Since your teeth are alive, they have the ability to heal themselves, just like any other tissue in your body. Saliva contains enzymes that help teeth heal.1 May 2018