What are the 9 dental specialties?
- Dental Public Health.
- Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery.
- Oral Medicine and Pathology.
- Oral and Maxillofacial Radiology.
- Orthodontics and Dentofacial Orthopedics.
- Pediatric Dentistry.
What are the different areas of dentistry?
6 Types of Dental Specialists
- Endodontist: Root canal specialist.
- Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeon: Oral surgery specialist.
- Orthodontist: Alignment specialist.
- Pediatric Dentist: Kid dental specialist.
- Periodontist: Gum specialist.
- Prosthodontist: Replacement specialist.
How many different types of dentist are there?
In general, there are seven types of dentists:
- General Dentist.
- Pedodontist or Pediatric Dentist.
- Oral Pathologist or Oral Surgeon.
What is the branch of dentistry?
Dentistry is the branch of medicine that is involved in the study, diagnosis, prevention, and treatment of diseases, disorders and conditions of the oral cavity, commonly in the dentition but also the oral mucosa, and of adjacent and related structures and tissues, particularly in the maxillofacial (jaw and facial)