But will Medicare commonly cover a dental abscess?
The routine answer is no, as a dental abscess falls under standard dentistry coverage.
In some cases, the infection can spread to the neck, jaw, throat or tongue, and may require additional medical treatment.
What dental services are covered by Medicare?
Medicare doesn’t cover most dental care, dental procedures, or supplies, like cleanings, fillings, tooth extractions, dentures, dental plates, or other dental devices.
How do I get dental coverage with Medicare?
For seniors who already have Medicare coverage, here are five ways to get additional dental coverage.
- Choose A Medicare Plan That Has Dental Coverage.
- Purchase Stand-alone Dental Insurance.
- Sign Up For A Discount Dental Plan.
- Join A Spouse’s Dental Plan.
- Watch For Low-Cost Or No-Cost Dental Clinics.
What is the best dental insurance for senior citizens?
Best Dental Insurance for Seniors
- Aetna Dental Plans – Best Overall Plans.
- Aflac Dental Insurance – Best Value.
- Cigna Dental Plans – Best Coverage.
- Guardian Dental – Best Online Plan Management.
- AARP Senior Dental – Best Senior Discounts.
- Delta Dental – Best for Retirees.
- Metlife – Best Provider Network.
- UnitedHealthcare – Best Preventative Care.