The medical profession in Germany has high starting salaries and doctors are well paid throughout their careers.
Average salaries in Germany for doctors vary between 65,000 euro gross salary per year for an Assistenzarzt (assistant doctor) to 80,000 euro for a Facharzt (specialist).
Which countries pay doctors the most?
Here are the top 10 countries with the highest salaries for doctors.
- United States – $161,000 Annually.
- Belgium – $188,000 Annually.
- Canada – $107,000 Annually.
- United Kingdom – $150,000 Annually.
- France – $149,000 Annually.
- Ireland – $90,000 Annually.
- Switzerland – $116,000 Annually.
- Denmark – $109,000 Annually.
Do teachers earn more than doctors in Germany?
Teachers in Germany earn more than many of their colleagues in Europe. Based on the OECD country overview , the highest salary that a primary school teacher in Germany can earn is USD 61,209 per annum, while the OECD average is USD 45,100.
Can foreign doctors work in Germany?
Depending on your language and professional skills it can be shortened. Doctors coming from EU states as well as doctors coming from non-EU states can use it. Non-EU Doctors have to consider further legal requirements in Germany as residence and employment permit and the license to practice medicine.
What is the highest paid doctor?
The physicians, their rank, and their median total compensation in the Top 15 highest-paying jobs include:
- Orthopedic surgeon, $450,000.
- Cardiologist, $382,000.
- Radiologist, $374,000.
- Plastic surgeon, $350,000.
- Anesthesiologist, $350,000.
- Emergency surgeon, $314,000.